As a Chiropractor, I work in cooperation with conventional medicine, and in fact enjoy a respectful and reciprocal relationship with MDs in my area. I do, however, believe that a natural and non-invasion approach should be attempted first, and so I present some health advice that comes easily, cheaply and naturally from your home. (Note: I have not specifically received requests for endorsements from any of the brand products listed below.)
1. Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.
2. If your muscles ache from a serious flu infection, mix one tablespoon of horseradish in one cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, and then apply it as a massage oil. Achy muscles will also get relief from a combination Calcium-Magnesium supplement, which acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant.
3. The plastic surgeon's secret for eliminating puffiness under your eyes is a dab of Preparation H, carefully rubbed in the skin while avoiding the eyes. The hemorrhoid ointment acts as a vaso-constrictor.
4. Pimples getting to you? Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band Aid over it, overnight. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile and speeds healing.
5. Soak your toenail fungus in Listerine antiseptic mouthwash. Also works as an antiseptic for a broken blister.
6. To remove a splinter with no fuss, pour a drop of Elmers glue over the splinter and allow it to dry, then peel the dried glue (with the splinter following along) off your skin.
7. Massage corn oil in your cat's ear to eliminate ear mites, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for three days.
8. The next time your dog or cat comes into the house after playing outside in the rain, wipe the pet down with a Bounce dryer sheet, and you can avoid that wet animal smell.
9. If Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in your family, you can relieve the pain in your hands by heating up an oven mitt (*make sure it does not contain any metal fibers) in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, and then put your hands inside. Alternatively, you can mix two cups of Quaker Oats with one cup of water in a bowl, warm in the microwave for approximately one minute and allow it cool slightly. Apply the mixture to you hands for soothing relief.
Try these out, and please let me know how they work for you.